Well Izabelle is a MONSTER, and we call her that all the time. She will follow me around the house yelling mom, mom, mom! Each "mom" gets louder and deeper each time. Then if I answer her all she does is tell me something in giberish! It really bothers me and she knows it does so she does it all the time! Her other new favorite thing to do is climb! She climbs on everything.


Her favorite things to climb on are up the ladder to Hadley's bed and into her high chair.
Both of these are far off the ground, and she has fallen off of both of them, not to mention climbing and falling off of my bed, the couches, coffee table, chairs, kids' table and chair. She has also figured out how to take her little chair and push it around the house so she can climb up on it and reach whatever she wants! Ya know quite a few people keep telling me, oh it is time to have another one cause she isn't a baby anymore. All I can say to that is mind your own business and you have kids when you want to and I will when I want to and I definitely don't want to right now!! UGH!!!!!! What a MONSTER!

Now to my boy! Izaak is such a boy. He is always running and jumping everywhere! However last Friday was quite an interesting day. Let me tell you how it went. First, Izaak was running through the kitchen and had a toy dinosaur in his hand, well he tripped and fell and the long skinny tail managed to shove into his ear! When he stood up there was blood on the end of the dinosaurs tail! I wiped out his ear and didn't notice anymore blood so I figured he was fine. About 10 minutes later Izaak came to me coughing and telling me that he was sick. I asked him if he was going to throw up and he said no, and then Hadley marched in with her hands on her hips and said "Mom, he told me that he swallowed a quarter." So I freaked out a little bit and asked him if he swallowed a quarter. He could tell I was mad so he just shook his head no. Well, he kept coughing so I figured I would give him a cracker and some juice and see if that would help. After he finished eating he kept saying "I am all better now!" So then calmly I asked, "Izaak did you swallow a quarter?" And sure enough, he said yes! Well he calls all coins quarters so I got a penny, nickle, dime and a quarter and asked him which one he put in his mouth. He pointed to the penny and said, "it was cold and felt cool in my mouth." I told him that was naughty and said we don't put money in our mouth. He said ok, but it is all gone and showed me the inside of his mouth. Well this is when I freaked out again, I could see the penny lodged sideways in the back of his mouth. That scared me a little cause if it moved at all it would block off his airway completely. So I decided that we had better go to the doctor. I had just got out of the shower so I told him to come and sit on the top of the toilet while I dried my hair, just so I could watch him. He came running into the bathroom and caught his arm on the cord of my hair straightner and pulled it down onto his arm. I had to pull it off because it "latched" on to his arm. He screamed but was ok. So I wraped his arm in a cold towel and quickly dried my hair, and it was off to the doctor. Luckily our doctor's office is about 2 minutes from my house. When we got there they let us go right back, but they were all laughing, thinking my story was hillarious. They first treated his arm, he received 2nd degree burns on his arm, and had to have it wrapped for about 4 days, to prevent infection. He had to go back into the doctor everyday to get the dead skin ripped off and then re-wrap it. He never cried, but it sure looked like it hurt. They then checked his ear, yep you guessed it a ruptured ear drum. No treatment it would heal on his own. Then it was time for the penny. They looked down his mouth and couldn't see it anymore! Actually good news, meant that is would pass on its own. They took an x-ray just to make sure . It was kinda cool. His little stomach and then this big round circle. When they came in an showed us they said it was too large to only be a penny and said it was a quarter. But about 6 days later out came the penny! So the moral of the story is buy AFLAC! We finally got aflac, we have needed it for quite some time, it just hasn't been open enrollment at Jed's work. This is normal of Izaak that poor kid has spent way too much time at the doctor. His list includes ruptured ear drum, swallowed penny, 2nd degree burns, felt tip marker stuck up nose, stitches in head twice, xray's, cat scan, and mri's, barrium enema, and kidney stone! Plus lots of sicknesses! I know most of you are saying it is my fault, cuz I was just like that when I was a kid! So here is the funny part, ok so maybe none of it is funny or maybe you find it all funny but, 3 days before our AFLAC started I was testing for my brown belt in taekwondo, and got popped in the jaw and dislocated it! Man if I could have only waited 3 more days, we would have gotten paid, but no now we will be paying an arm and a leg because they had to do an xray and a catscan! Oh well such is life!

Her favorite things to climb on are up the ladder to Hadley's bed and into her high chair.
Both of these are far off the ground, and she has fallen off of both of them, not to mention climbing and falling off of my bed, the couches, coffee table, chairs, kids' table and chair. She has also figured out how to take her little chair and push it around the house so she can climb up on it and reach whatever she wants! Ya know quite a few people keep telling me, oh it is time to have another one cause she isn't a baby anymore. All I can say to that is mind your own business and you have kids when you want to and I will when I want to and I definitely don't want to right now!! UGH!!!!!! What a MONSTER!
Now to my boy! Izaak is such a boy. He is always running and jumping everywhere! However last Friday was quite an interesting day. Let me tell you how it went. First, Izaak was running through the kitchen and had a toy dinosaur in his hand, well he tripped and fell and the long skinny tail managed to shove into his ear! When he stood up there was blood on the end of the dinosaurs tail! I wiped out his ear and didn't notice anymore blood so I figured he was fine. About 10 minutes later Izaak came to me coughing and telling me that he was sick. I asked him if he was going to throw up and he said no, and then Hadley marched in with her hands on her hips and said "Mom, he told me that he swallowed a quarter." So I freaked out a little bit and asked him if he swallowed a quarter. He could tell I was mad so he just shook his head no. Well, he kept coughing so I figured I would give him a cracker and some juice and see if that would help. After he finished eating he kept saying "I am all better now!" So then calmly I asked, "Izaak did you swallow a quarter?" And sure enough, he said yes! Well he calls all coins quarters so I got a penny, nickle, dime and a quarter and asked him which one he put in his mouth. He pointed to the penny and said, "it was cold and felt cool in my mouth." I told him that was naughty and said we don't put money in our mouth. He said ok, but it is all gone and showed me the inside of his mouth. Well this is when I freaked out again, I could see the penny lodged sideways in the back of his mouth. That scared me a little cause if it moved at all it would block off his airway completely. So I decided that we had better go to the doctor. I had just got out of the shower so I told him to come and sit on the top of the toilet while I dried my hair, just so I could watch him. He came running into the bathroom and caught his arm on the cord of my hair straightner and pulled it down onto his arm. I had to pull it off because it "latched" on to his arm. He screamed but was ok. So I wraped his arm in a cold towel and quickly dried my hair, and it was off to the doctor. Luckily our doctor's office is about 2 minutes from my house. When we got there they let us go right back, but they were all laughing, thinking my story was hillarious. They first treated his arm, he received 2nd degree burns on his arm, and had to have it wrapped for about 4 days, to prevent infection. He had to go back into the doctor everyday to get the dead skin ripped off and then re-wrap it. He never cried, but it sure looked like it hurt. They then checked his ear, yep you guessed it a ruptured ear drum. No treatment it would heal on his own. Then it was time for the penny. They looked down his mouth and couldn't see it anymore! Actually good news, meant that is would pass on its own. They took an x-ray just to make sure . It was kinda cool. His little stomach and then this big round circle. When they came in an showed us they said it was too large to only be a penny and said it was a quarter. But about 6 days later out came the penny! So the moral of the story is buy AFLAC! We finally got aflac, we have needed it for quite some time, it just hasn't been open enrollment at Jed's work. This is normal of Izaak that poor kid has spent way too much time at the doctor. His list includes ruptured ear drum, swallowed penny, 2nd degree burns, felt tip marker stuck up nose, stitches in head twice, xray's, cat scan, and mri's, barrium enema, and kidney stone! Plus lots of sicknesses! I know most of you are saying it is my fault, cuz I was just like that when I was a kid! So here is the funny part, ok so maybe none of it is funny or maybe you find it all funny but, 3 days before our AFLAC started I was testing for my brown belt in taekwondo, and got popped in the jaw and dislocated it! Man if I could have only waited 3 more days, we would have gotten paid, but no now we will be paying an arm and a leg because they had to do an xray and a catscan! Oh well such is life!


3 comments:
Typical. Just typical, Heather. Hee. Hee.
Hi Heather, it's Crystal from school. I was blog-hopping and came upon your blog! I was so excited to see your beautiful family and what you've been up to--looks like you're VERY busy! I know what you mean about your little monster--I have a 15 month old and he does the same things! Anyway, I would love to keep in contact with you! My blog is dannyandcrystal.blogspot.com
oh heather... I CANNOT believe your little Izaak.. that kid!!! Wow, that is quite the story... We were SO sad to miss seeing you while we were home... It was good to see your mom & dad. They are like a second set of parents to me. Sarah was giving them the cutest kisses (well, mostly your mom & you dad spent lots of time trying to get her to kiss him like that too!). They really missed you & your kids... We'll be home for Christmas and I think Tiffany and Steve are coming home too for a weekend right before Christmas... should be so fun! Love you!
Post a Comment