CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Birthdays and Babies and 4th of July!

 WARNING.... this post is possibly a record post for the most picture! Sorry 3 months worth is a lot...

Hadley and Izaak were on a baseball team together this summer. They loved it and did awesome! They were on a 1st - 2nd grade machine pitch team. They both hit every game! I was so proud of Hadley because she has never played before and I was so proud of Izaak because he isn't even in kindergarten yet and played with 7-8 year olds! 




 Now just a bunch of random pictures because they are too cute not to blog! 




 
 Yes, Max is still a monster. He likes to get his own breakfast in the morning! 


Izabelle turned 4 June 12th and we had a little party at grandma and grandpa's house! 





 One of the kids' new favorite things to do is play Just Dance on the Wii! They are so fun to watch and pretty dang good too! 



4th of July parade!!

Our attempt at a family picture, 3 days before Zoe was born! 



 Lighting fireworks at home! My two younger kids loved them and the two older kids were scaredy cats!






 INTRODUCING....
Zoe Brielle Hawkins
July 7th at 7:26 p.m. 
6lbs. 6 oz   19in. long


Ok, I am going to write down her birth story more so I have a document of it! So, the week before she was born we were getting a little worried she wasn't going to come before my parents left on trek for a week. We really need their help with the other kids so we were praying that she would come before they left and not while they were gone. Well Thursday the 7th Jed got up and said ok we are having a baby today so I am not going to work. He told me to get up and get walking so we would have this baby today. I wasn't convinced but got up and started walking anyway. Around noon my mom came up and met us for lunch and I was feeling uncomfortable but really ok. Jed decided we should go up to the hospital for a labor check so my mom took the kids home and we headed to the hospital. I was checked in at about 2:00 and they checked me and I was a 5. I was pretty bummed because at my appt a few days before I was a 5 so I hadn't changed. They called my doctor and she suggested I get up and walk around the hospital for an hour and see if I change. So I did, and I basically jogged around cuz I didn't want to get sent home! I walked 2 miles and then they told me to come get checked again. She said I was probably still a 5 but she could stretch me to a 6. She was an awesome nurse and since I was past 37 weeks, barely, but past she said she would sound convincing on the phone to my doctor. She came back a few minutes later and said they were breaking my water! YAY!! I wasn't going home! They came in and broke my water and told me to tell them when I wanted my epidural. I was nervous to get my epidural because I have had the same guy do all 4 of my other ones and  he was amazing and so I was nervous to have someone new. I wasn't in any pain so I just figured I would wait until I was. They continued to come in and check me and I quickly went from a 6 to a 7 to a 8 and I still wasn't in pain. So I kept waiting. Pretty soon I was having contractions about every 1 1/2 minutes and they were quite uncomfortable, so I let the nurse know and they said I was a 10 and they were just waiting for the baby to come down more. Then they said I guess you're not getting an epidural. I thought, awesome, I always wanted to try going natural. Well a few more minutes she was ready to come out. So 3 pushes and out she came! It really was only painful for those 3 pushes! IT WAS AMAZING!! I am so glad I got to have one natural! I mean epidurals are awesome but it was equally awesome to go natural!!


She loved sucking on her fingers from the moment she was born. She came out with her eyes open and sucking her fist! I even got to cut the cord! Jed had cut 2 and my mom had cut 2 so it was my turn! :) 
 



 Kids meeting her for the first time! 


 Going home from the hospital.


Once home, a few days later Max turned 2! We had a little party at our house and he loved all of the attention!






Zoe 3 days old on the bili light! She has had jaundice pretty bad. We found out it is breast milk jaundice not breast fed jaundice which mean she is getting it from my milk. She could actually be yellow for a couple months. She doesn't have to be on the lights as long as her levels stay low. 


One week old

Two weeks old

Three weeks old

Max still a monster, putting on his sister's makeup! He actually hasn't wanted much to do with the baby, which is good, it keeps him away! 





Almost 4 weeks old
 

 Max wouldn't let me take naked pictures of the baby without me taking naked pictures of him! 




I convinced him to give her a kiss, she wasn't too happy about that! 

We sure love our little bug and so glad she came to our crazy family!

3 comments:

Karlene said...

Love all the pictures!!!

Karlene said...

Love, love, love all the pictures...and I love, love, love all them babies!

crystal carlson said...

Congrats on your baby! You are one tough chica because I thought I was going to die with the natural childbirth--it was definitely an experience I'll never forget :) All of your kids are so cute! It was fun to see all of your pictures!